#10000STEPS

#10000STEPS challenge


Since switching jobs at Christmas (i've actually changed twice since then!) i've gone from standing on my feet all day to sitting on my backside most of the day. Cue the weight gain. It's surprising how much of a difference your job makes. I've always eaten badly and still do but since the job change and in particular the more recent one, i've put on a stone.

I've tried, halfheartedly, various exercises. I've done a few YouTube workouts and i've bought a hula-hoop but my latest attempt is the most simple and the cheapest.

Just walking.

It's recommend we do 10,000 steps a day and although that is probably laughable as a form of exercise to most fitness enthusiasts, it's definitely better than doing nothing. It will help. Almost everyone can do it, it can be combined with days out and it requires very little equipment.

I've bought this Target Fitness 1 Pedometer from Argos for £3.99. You can also use various apps on your phone or the fitness bands that are all the rage at the moment.

I have heard of some of the apps being a little unreliable in that they count steps when you are driving. Even a standard pedometer like this one (remember when Kellogs used to give them away?) adds extra steps every now and then. On the whole though mine seems fairly accurate.

I've writing down my steps each day and thought that anyone that wants to join me can check in with each other on the #10000STEPS on Twitter. You can set yourself whatever target you like and that is appropriate for you, whether that be more or less.


Let me know below if you'd like to join this challenge and use the # to keep us all updated!


A few tips to get you started:

  • Do a few steps whilst waiting for the kettle to boil
  • Walk around the lounge during ad breaks (don't get too dizzy!)
  • Take a walk in your lunch break instead of eating at your desk
  • If walking upstairs at home, go up and down a few times

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Amy & more

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig